Thursday 30 January 2014

Introducing Elderbrook

Introducing Elderbrook


We've all seen a shift in music, away from record label manufactured artists and bands who lack passion and arguably the skills that make them deservedly acclaimed artists, towards musicians and artists who start from the very basic of musical skill.

I've been lucky enough to view the rise of one of my closest and most talented friends, Alex Kotz, who goes under the name Elderbrook. Throughout the various blogposts I've seen regarding Elderbrook they've highlighted how he is a hybrid, James Blake/Alt-J-esq sound that hasn't been found anywhere else on the planet.

Elderbrook has been making music for longer than my iTunes library dates back to, but what I can't get enough of is his incredible musical talent and ear for a good sound. We all have different tastes in music and what stimulates to what we equate as a good sound, but what Elderbrook does is stimulate that good sound feel to anyone who listens to his tracks. Show me someone who doesn't like his songs and I will personally take their mother for a 5 course seafood dinner and never call her back.

Rewinding, arguably Elderbrook's biggest tune is close to hitting 150,000 Soundcloud plays. Big, on any scale. I've been blessed with Alex sending me exclusive samples of new tunes he plans to bring out on an EP soon and I can tell you all, big things will be coming from this kid.

Respect and love to my friend Elderbrook, and check out his Soundcloud...


No comments:

Post a Comment